The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and the Pedestrian and Bicycle Information Center (PBIC) will host a free webinar to showcase new research findings on the safety effectiveness of safety countermeasures for improving pedestrian safety at uncontrolled locations.
Title: Improving Pedestrian Safety at Uncontrolled Locations
Date: Wednesday, November 30; 10AM- 11:30AM PST
To register, visit: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5560541841647657731
This webinar will focus on four countermeasures that were explored during a recently completed study sponsored by the National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP).
- Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons
- Pedestrian Hybrid Beacons
- Pedestrian Refuge Islands
- Advance Stop/Yield Lines
- Charlie Zegeer, UNC Highway Safety Research Center
- Angela Berry, Charlotte Department of Transportation