Photo credit: League of American Bicyclists/bikeleague.org
May is here and with it comes National Bike Month! This year, there are several events throughout the entire month for you to participate in. Take a look below to find opportunities to get out and bike safely anywhere you live, work and play.
- Bicycle Safety Month - May, 2022
- Get the latest bicycle safety tips and resources from the National Highway Safety Administration and explore these bicycle safety resources for your community from the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) at Go Safely California.
- 11th annual National Bike & Roll to School Day - May 4
- Join the National Center for Safe Routes to School this year to celebrate the joy of biking and rolling to school and build a sense of community and school spirit along the way. Families, neighborhoods and schools can register their own events and celebrations! To learn more about this event, check out the official website
- National Bike to Work Week 2022 - May 16 to 22
- Join the League of American Bicyclists and take part in Bike to Work Week. You can celebrate by biking to work, joining group rides, hosting bike events, and more! To find out more ways to celebrate, check out their National Bike Month calendar of events
- Bay Area Bike to Work Day 2022 - May 20
- Join thousands of others across the Bay Area on May 20 to bike to work, coffee, play, or other destinations in honor of Bike to Work Day, part of the month-long Bike to Wherever Days. You can find more information on how to celebrate the month-long and on Bike to Work Day on the Bay Area Bike to Work website
Want to join the festivities but need some tips and tricks? Check out these resources to get you out on your bike this National Bike Month.
- Bike Commuting Guide
- 511 BikeMapper (Bay Area specific)
- California Bicycle Rules of the Road
- East Bay Local Bike Month Celebrations
- Bike East Bay’s Tips for New Riders
- The Bike Month Challenge