The Fresno Council of Governments (Fresno COG) is in the process of developing a Regional Active Transportation Plan (ATP) to make walking and biking easier, safer and more enjoyable.
The project goals for the Fresno County Regional ATP include:
- Create a network of safe and attractive trails, sidewalks, and bikeways that connect Fresno County residents to key destinations, especially local schools and parks
- Create a network of regional bikeways that allows bicyclists to safely ride between cities and other regional destinations
- Create better connections to transit, especially for communities with limited access to other transportation options
- Increase walking and bicycling trips and thus reduce vehicle miles traveled (VMT) and improve air quality in the region by creating user-friendly facilities
- Increase safety by creating bicycle facilities and improving crosswalks and sidewalks for pedestrians
How to get involved:
There are several ways to share your feedback on how to improve active transportation safety in Fresno County:
- Share locations on an interactive map where you would like improvements to be made for walking and biking
- Share your experiences walking and biking in an online survey: English Survey | Spanish Survey
- Attend an upcoming event
Learn more information about the Fresno County Regional ATP and how to get involved.