Tribalsafety.org, an online community working to reduce injuries and fatalities from transportation incidents in Tribal areas, has created a webpage highlighting a collection of Transportation Safety Plans developed by Tribes. The collection of plans in the state of California are featured below. Visit the Safety Plans Library to view plans for Tribal Governments organized by the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) region.
Tribal Transportation Safety Plans for Pacific (California)
- Barona Indian Reservation (2017)
- Big Valley Band Rancheria (2017)
- Blue Lake Rancheria (2019)
- Cher-Ae Heights Indian Community of the Trinidad Rancheria (2014)
- Colorado River Indian Tribe (2016)
- Fort Mojave (2017)
- Hoopa Valley Tribe (2015)
- Jamul Indian Village (2019)
- Karuk Tribe (2014)
- La Jolla Band of Luiseño (2014)
- Pinoleville Pomo Nation (2020)
- Quartz Valley Reservation (2018)
- Ramona Band of Cahuilla (2021)
- Robinson Rancheria (2017)
- Viejas Band of Kumeyaay Indians (2021)
- San Pasqual Band of Mission Indians (2017)
- Tule River Indian Reservation (2015)
- Yurok Tribe (2016)
Funded Tribal Transportation Safety Plans
Each year under the FAST Act, 2% of the available Tribal Transportation Program funds are set aside to address transportation safety issues in Native America under the TTPSF. These grants are awarded annually and are available to federally recognized Indian tribes through a competitive, discretionary program. The Fiscal Year 2022 TTPSF Notice of Funding Opportunity will be announced on the TribalSafety.org mailing list and FHWA Office of Tribal Transportation mailing list when available.
- Ewiiaapaayp Band of Kumeyaay Indians
- Robinson Rancheria(link is external)
- An update to 2017 TTSP.
- Bear River Band of the Rohnerville Rancheria
- Update to previous TTSP.
Chicken Ranch Rancheria
Manchester Band of Pomo Indians
Pit River Tribe
Santa Rosa Band of Cahuilla Indians
- An update to previous TTSP.
- Elk Valley Rancheria
Hoopa Valley Tribe
Karuk Tribe of California
- An update to 2014 TTSP.
Picayune Rancheria of Chukchansi Indians
Redwood Valley Little River Band of Rancheria of Pomo
Santa Ynez Band of Chumash Mission Indians
- An update to 2016 TTSP.
- Buena Vista Rancheria of Mi-Wuk Indians
- Ione Band of Miwok Indians of California
- North Fork Rancheria
- Pala Band of Mission Indians
- Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians
- Pauma Band of Mission Indians
- Shingle Springs Band of Miwok Indians
- Wilton Rancheria
- Benton Paiute Reservation
- Bishop Tribe
- Cachil DeHe Band of Wintun Indians of the Colusa Indian Community
- Cahto Tribe
- Cahuilla Band of Indians
Dry Creek Rancheria of Pomo Indians
Fort Independence Community of Paiute
Middletown Rancheria of Pomo Indians
Potter Valley Tribe
Twenty-Nine Palms Band of Mission Indians
Susanville Indian Rancheria
Tolowa Dee-ni Nation
- Cabazon Band of Mission Indians
Federated Indians of Graton Rancheria
Other Safety Efforts across California Tribes
Other safety efforts to create walkable, bikeable tribal communities are happening all across California. Listed below are a selection of past and ongoing safety efforts. This page will continue to be updated with resources as we come across new information, so please continue to check our site for updates. Have a resource to share? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians - Section 14 Specific Plan (2014) and Section 24 Specific Plan (2015).
- Bear River Band of the Rohnerville Rancheria - Funding was approved in 2020 for Keisner Road Safety Street Crossing and Tribal Roads Street Lights projects.
- Cahuilla Band of Indians - Long Range Transportation Plan is currently in the planning process.
- Greenville Rancheria - Coordinated Public Transportation Plan Plumas County (2021).
- Intraregional Tribal Transportation Strategy:
- Pechanga Band of Luiseño Indians
Soboba Band of Luiseno Indians
Campo Band of Kumeyaay Indians
La Posta Band of Mission Indians
Los Coyotes Band of Mission Indians
Manzanita Band of Kumeyaay Nation
Mesa Grande Band of Mission Indians
Pala Band of Mission Indians
- Pauma Band of Mission Indians
Rincon Band of Luiseno Indians
Sycuan Band of the Kumeyaay Nation
San Pasqual Band of Dieguel Mission Indians
Viejas Band of Kumeyaay Indians
- Morongo Band of Mission Indians - California Strategic Highway Safety Plan (2016).
- Pala Band of Mission Indians - A Request for Proposals (RFP) is out for their 2022 Long Range Transportation Plan.
- Round Valley Reservation - Making Safe & Healthy Community Connections in Round Valley: Walk/Bike Path and Community Revitalization Strategy (2010).
- Table Mountain Rancheria - Funding was approved in 2020 through the TTIP for road maintenance and the Millterton Road Improvements project.